Roller Coaster Tycoon Free Download
This is a series of simulated video games that challenge its players to manage and develop open-ended amusement parks called the roller coaster. This video game is the brainchild of Chris Sawyer and was first published on March 31st, 1999 by Hasbro Interactive. It comes in series and Spinoffs, and till date, four series have been released with RollerCoaster Tycoon World for PC being the latest. So many people have expressed disappointment with this release because it experienced several delays in the course of its development.
There have been some developers and publishers of this game since its inception, and the mobile version which is supported by both iOS and Android was developed by Origin8, and it is called Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic (RCTC). It appears to be a great improvement over the earlier RCT released. The Users Interface has been tweaked to make the game easy to play on mobile touchscreens.
How the Game is played
Regardless of the series, you are playing on; the gameplay is essentially the same. When you begin a game, you would be given a scenario and objectives to attain. The objective can range from having a certain number of coasters, achieving a certain park rating, to achieving a particular level of company value and much more. Of course, you’d be given a specific time-frame to achieve the allotted objective (say after Year 2) after which if you are successful, another challenging level would be unlocked for you.
In both the 1 and 2 series of RCT, there are about 95 scenarios, and that means you will always have challenges. You would aim to unlock all the stages but guess what? It can be an uphill task because each stage comes with its level of challenges. The objective you are to achieve may be increased, and the timeframe may be shortened.
roller coaster tycoon free download
Like the name of the game suggests, your major task will be managing facilities of a park and building rides. As the gameplay goes, you are the owner of the park, and as such, you are responsible for managing everything in it such as the shop, ride and even stall. If the objective you are presented with is to attain a certain park rating at say the Game’s year 2, you would want to monitor how your building looks so your guests give you a nice rating. You may also have to hire qualified and friendly workers to keep your patronage and reviews on the high side.
Key Features of the Game
- Compatible with MacOS and Linux.
- The game can be fast-forwarded.
- Supports Multiple Players.
- Some Cheat and Hack features are included.
- Can render OpenGL hardware.
- The Users Interface can be themed.
- Supports so many languages of the world.
- Earlier identified issues and bugs have been fixed.
- The game can save itself automatically and comes with screenshot capacity.
Series and Spinoffs
The table below highlights the various series and Spinoffs the game has assumed since inception till date.
|S/N||Series||Date Of Release||Spinoffs||Date Of Release|
|1.||Roller Coaster Tycoon||March 31st, 1999.||Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D||October 16th, 2012|
|2.||Roller Coaster Tycoon 2||October 15th, 2002.||Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 mobile||April 10, 2014|
|3.||Roller Coaster Tycoon 3||October 26th, 2004.||Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: mobile||August 2015|
|4.||Roller Tycoon World||November 16th, 2016.||Roller Coaster Tycoon classic||December 22nd, 2016|
|5.||Roller Coaster Tycoon Touch||December 2016, Android in April 2017|
System Requirements for Installation
The latest version of this game requires some high system resources, particularly concerning the RAM and graphics card.
- Operating System: Windows 7
- RAM: 4 GB
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz or equivalent AMD
- Hard Disk Memory: At least 10 GB should be available.
- Graphics Cards: GeForce GTX 460 by NVIDIA or its AMD equivalence
- DX: DirectX 11.0
- Very attractive graphics.
- The game is filled with lots of fun and challenges.
- Liberty to create an amusement park of your dream.
- It has extensive tools and features to make your gaming experience worthwhile.
- It has a feedback feature for visitors.
- RCT 3 gives players ability to ride their coasters.
- There are now mobile versions supported by Android and iOS.
- More than one player can play the game at a time.
- RCT comes in almost all the major languages of the world.
- Complex game setup, hence it may be confusing for beginners.
- Most of its series are not free.
- Its later versions consume much system resources.
- Players often report of many bugs with some of its series.
- Multiple developers and publisher often lead to inconsistency in game development.
Some Alternatives to Roller Coaster Tycoon
Although RCT is a great video game with lots of excitements, there are some competitors as it were, offering as much fun as it does. Here are some you may wish to check out.
- Planet Coaster: it equally allows you to build the park of your dream. It is available on Windows and steam
- Parkiteck: very much easier to create and complete parks with this game and it is equally interesting.
- No Limit 2 Roller Coaster Simulation
- Zoo Tycoon: Basically, you will have to manage animals here and reach certain objectives.
- Prehistoric Park: as the name implies, the game presents takes you down the memory lane by giving you a park to work on just with as many tools as people in the Stone Age would have.
Roller Coaster Tycoon is indeed an interesting video game that has gone through the hands of many developers and publishers. While there may have been some disappointments arising from this type of incessant transitions, there surely are some advantages to such too. There are some upcoming improvements to the game which hopefully would fix the bugs and other issues already identified by the player. The game is sold at a price range of between 15 to 20 US Dollars which makes it relatively cheap.
Perhaps you are an adventurous person, or you love management, the game is worth checking out. Your managerial prowess would be tested to the limit with each level unlocked.